Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cardinals and Snow

I don't know what it is, but whenever it snows here, the cardinals come out in droves. February 12, 2010, I went out to the refuge. It was cloudy and cold so I didn't think I would need my camera (famous last words). Drove around while without seeing much. Saw 1 Bald Eagle at Goose Pen Pond. Before calling it a day I decided to check out the Bird Wall close to headquarters. There were the cardinals, more than I could count. Then I saw this odd looking one. Thinking to myself, "I need a picture of this one, but I don't want to drive all the way back home for the camera". So I had my cell phone and binoculars. Lined up the camera lens on the phone with the binocular hole and took a few shots of this bird. I'm still not sure if it is a male or a female or a cross between them. See for yourself:



No comments:

Post a Comment